First off, a bit of information about how the chatroom works.
The setting is based in dreams. This super-natural world is contrived of the subconscious of everyone in the entire world. They link together like the branches of a great tree, with the more powerful dreamers (those who have lucid dreams and great control over their dreams) being the center branches. When a subconscious breaks off (the person dies), the mind sticks around for a while in the void just outside the tree. Many move on quickly, but some stay floating around the tree as nightmares. It takes a force of will for the nightmares to approach the tree as the void sucks them away, so only the strongest nightmares can get to the innermost branches of the tree, and those are few and far between. High level dreamers and High level nightmares can still journey to the outer edges of the tree, but low levels cannot move closer to the trunk.
The chatroom mainly takes place in a sort of 'sanctuary' where no nightmares can come, but all dreamers are free to visit. This is where all chatting and such will be.
Roleplays take place out of the sanctuary, where the dream world can shift and change to suit your desires.
And now for the rules:
1) No excessive cussing. I understand that anger can make one say bad things, but please don't cuss as adjectives (i.e. This f***ing jacket is s*** cuz it won't get warmer than a rat's a**) (ps, I don't have any idea if that last one was used right)
2) No slander AT ALL (This means referring to another person or group by a derogatory term.)
3) Please use proper grammar and spelling.
lol, brb, idk, and small things like that are fine. Pro tip: The more you use grammar, the more lenient I am about abbreviations.
1) The typical, no godmodding, no controlling other charactersonly control time with other's consent.
2) Cussing is allowed more here if your character cusses a lot. Slander is still banned.
3) No abbreviating. Full sentences are mandatory, but there is no line limit or minimum. (though if you have a humongous paragraph, dividing it into chunks is very helpful.)
4) Ranking in the chatroom is based on how you roleplay. I can't tell you much about what to do, because that is something that you must find yourself. The only hint I will give you is this: This is a roleplay based on dreams, and if you are a strong dreamer, it should show up in the roleplay.
5) If I am in the room, I'll be sort of DMing the roleplays (controlling the npc and saying what works and what doesn't.) If I'm not there, feel free to rp, and tal to the highest ranking person about their rp preference (and if they want to be the DM.)